Avatar Immersive Training
Interacting with the Homeless
December 5, 2023 - 2:00pm - 4:00pm
For Dealing with the Difficult Customer (10:00am - 12:00pm)
In this 2 hour professional development training, attendees will:
- Engage in a real-world interaction with the ”homeless" using immersive simulation. Selected participants will interact with the avatar in "homeless interaction" situations and the rest of the participants act as the “brain,” offering encouragement and suggestions. Come talk to an avatar!
- Discussion, debate and feedback will help participants determine what to do in various situations and provide additional strategies for working with the homeless population. Take part in this cutting-edge training that has greater impact by experiencing actual situations.
CLICK HERE to see an Avatar (SIMPACT) demonstration
Don't miss out on this Virtual Experience!
$99 – CSSA Members
$169– Non-CSSA Members
SIMPACT Immersive Learning is a mixed reality simulation system that provides a highly realistic virtual platform for practice in business negotiations, sales techniques, conflict resolution, and many other interpersonal interactions.
SIMPACT is the perfect bridge between theory and reality. Participants will learn sales techniques, then have an opportunity to practice those skills in the SIMPACT Immersive Learning system in simulated self storage situations. Participants will either be in the "Interactive Participant" seat, interacting with the avatar in a realistic situation or as a participant observer, providing observations and evaluation. Participants report that the SIMPACT simulator is more effective, more realistic, and more impactful than traditional adult-learning webinar or classroom role-play format.
Sessions are facilitated by Dr. Wendy Murawski, author and expert in collaboration and communication. Wendy W. Murawski, Ph.D. is the Executive Director for the Center for Teaching and Learning at California State University, Northridge (CSUN). Dr. Murawski is the Director of SIMPACT, an immersive learning simulation experience.
Helpful Registration Notes
1. The email you use to register will be the email where all information is sent.
2. FOR CSSA MEMBERS: In order to receive the member registration rate, please be sure to log in to your membership. If you don't, the system does not recognize you as a member and you will not have access to the member rate.
3. The Zoom link for this presentation will be sent out the day before the presentation and again on the morning of the presentation - It will be sent to the email that was used for registration (see #1)
Interested in Sponsoring? Click HERE for Details!
Thank you to our Sponsors