CSSA is on the Move
December 21, 2018
The California Self Storage Association (CSSA), your professional trade organization for the self storage industry, is on the move and is launching a number of new changes to benefit you:
- New location for the office – Because we represent the entire state and to help keep an eye on legislation and regulation, we have moved our office to Sacramento. Please note our new address: 5325 Elkhorn Blvd., #283, Sacramento, CA 95842.
- New toll-free phone number – To help service you, we have a new phone toll-free phone number: 888-CSSA207 or 888-277-2207.
- New CSSA team to assist you – In addition to four-month new Executive Director Ross Hutchings, CSSA has new Administrative Assistant (and Membership Coordinator) Rochelle Morales. “We are here to help” so please give us a call if you need assistance!
- New website and database – We have also launched our new website and integrated database. You will be able to update your own records, renew your membership, register for events, view all CSSA activities (and some national events) in one location, pose questions and get answers on our community forum, and for vendors – view and sign-up for sponsorships.
- To view/update your membership record (and renew membership) you will need to do the following when entering your record for the first time on our new website:
1. Clear your cache (need to open website by typing in and not letting your computer pre-populate the link)
2. Be sure you are in the NEW CSSA website (hint: home page has a photo of a Southern California beach)
3. Click the login link in the upper right corner of the home page (once you are logged in, that will change to a blue box with a half person icon
4. A drop-down menu will appear for you to enter the email that is associated with your account and a password. THE INITIAL PASSWORD YOU NEED TO USE ON THE NEW WEBSITE IS: storage1.
5. Once in your membership record, you will be to change your password to whatever password you choose. You can also make changes/updates to your information as well as view your membership status. PLEASE RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP ASAP, if it has lapsed. You will be unable to register as member or receive other member-only benefits unless your membership is Active and current. If you are not a member, we invite you to review the benefits and sign up today (you can do so online).
6. Finally, you can identify anyone in your company/business to be a member as well. To do that you need to create a “bundle,” identifying yourself as the administrator for your bundle (or other members of your organization). Follow the prompts – or call the CSSA office - 888-CSSA207 (888-277-2207) for assistance.
- Events registration open – Don’t forget to look on the new website for information regarding our two events: Napa Self Storage Owner’s Conference (May 8 & 9 – Silverado Resort & Spa, Napa) and our 15th Annual Self Storage Owners Summit (July 18 – Balboa Bay Resort, Newport Beach). Both registrations are now open!
Although changes sometimes bring some adjustments and a few challenges, once we get everything implemented and everyone used to the new systems, we know that 2019 will be an extraordinary year for CSSA and our members.