Contact: Erin King, Executive Director
Storage Olympics to Take Place October 25th During CSSA Event Reception
The California Self Storage Association will host a Storage Olympics competition as part of its 10th annual conference and membership meeting, Oct. 25-26, in San Diego. Sponsored by Sparefoot and designed to mimic the "Minute to Win It" television series on NBC, the event, will take place during the evening cocktail reception on Thursday with all game proceeds going to Kure It for Cancer Research. Event memories can be captured at the onsite photo booth courtesy of Domico.
Open to all conference attendees, the Storage Olympics will feature an opening ceremony, sponsored competitions and an awards ceremony during which medals will be distributed to winners. CSSA Owner and Vendor members are encouraged to sponsor individual events, which will include:
- Get the Lead In: Players must bounce pencils, eraser end down, off the table and into each of seven glasses (60-second limit).
- Penny Hose: Players must retrieve a penny from each leg of a pair of panty hose and put them on a table using only a single hand (60-second limit).
- Egg Zone: Players must balance four footballs on individual plastic tees, and then balance four eggs upright on the tips of the footballs (60-second limit).
- Noodling Around: Players use a piece of uncooked spaghetti, held in their mouth, to pick up six penne noodles placed around the perimeter of a table. Fastest time wins.
- Stack Attack: Players must stack 36 plastic cups into a perfect triangle-shaped structure, and then get the cups back into a single stack. Fastest time wins.
- Ping Pong Pogo: Players must empty eight ping-pong balls from a tissue box, strapped to their lower back with a belt, while remaining upright and without using their hands.
- Hot Hoops Basketball: Players use a launcher to rapid-fire as many mini basketballs as possible into baskets (60-second limit).
- Extreme Nutstacker: Players must stack 10 large metal nuts, edge to edge, by sliding them off a chopstick onto a wooden cutting board held in the opposite hand 60-second limit).
- One-Handed Tissue Grab: As quickly as possible, players use only one hand to pull tissues out of the box, one-at-a-time, until the box is empty.
- Create Your Own Game: Subject to approval. Game supplies, rules and description to be provided by game sponsor in advance.
All conference attendees will get three tickets as part of their registration, each good for one game of their choosing. Additional tickets are available for $10, or three for $20. Points are awarded for each game played.
CSSA is a non-profit trade association dedicated to supporting the self-storage industry in California. The group offers educational events, networking opportunities, legislative advocacy and more. More information can be found at www.californiaselfstorage.org.
About Kure It
Kure It is a non-profit organization whose mission is to raise money for research specialists conducting innovative projects to better treat and ultimately cure kidney and other cancers. Founded by self-storage industry veteran Barry Hoeven after his diagnosis with kidney cancer, Kure It has raised over $1 million for research since 2007. www.kureit.org
SpareFoot is the world's largest online marketplace for consumers to find and reserve self-storage units, with comparison shopping tools that show real-time availability and exclusive deals. We also offer web marketing solutions for storage facility owners and operators. Our AdNetwork tool helps facilities modernize their marketing and win new tenants online. SpareFoot AdNetwork listings get more traffic than any comparable directory, featuring software integration and ROI-proving analytics. http://sparefoot.com