It is a necessary, and sometimes bothersome, element of running any business -- forms. You love them and hate them, but you need them. The California Self Storage Association (CSSA) is actively working to help meet the needs that self storage owner/operators have for forms. The good news is that the CSSA has put together a packet of New Hire Forms and the better news is that they are free to CSSA members in good standing! Not a member? Membership fees start at only $250, and provide access to this product and other forms absolutely free!
This new member benefit from the CSSA is one that executive director Erin King is particularly pleased about. "We consider it a top priority to consistently provide new benefits for our CSSA members and we certainly hope that all of our members take advantage of this free offering,” says King. "We will continue to find ways to help our members and make the CSSA the best state association in America.”
An overview of the New Hire Forms Packet can be found on the CSSA’s online store, but a quick look at the breakdown of what the packet includes is outlined below.
- NEW HIRE CHECKLIST: Overview of packet contents and new hire process.
- EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION: Customizable standard employment application template.
- SAMPLE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS: For Property Manager.
- SAMPLE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS: For Operational Associate and Cleaning Personnel.
- FAIR INTERVIEWING PRACTICES: Outlines standard Fair Interviewing practices and questions to avoid during the interview process.
- PERSONNEL NEW HIRE FORM: Used to document new hire personal contact, emergency contact and employment information.
- W-4 FORM: For employee/employer use to calculate new hire Federal Tax with-holdings.
- I-9 FORM & INSTRUCTIONS: This is a required document for ALL new hires. It includes step-by-step instructions on how to complete the applicable forms of documentation as part of the Employee Verification process.
- DIRECT DEPOSIT AUTHORIZATION FORM: An optional form to be completed by employee if they opt to have their paycheck directly deposited into their current financial institution.
This packet is available for direct download at absolutely no additional cost and is inclusive of all documents needed to hire a new full-time Self Storage employee (outlined above). Please note that applicable forms are customizable to include your company's logo and address. Please keep in mind that the CSSA always recommends that you have an attorney review your forms prior to use especially if you make any changes or additions.
VISIT THE CSSA STORE NOW TO LEARN MORE OR DOWNLOAD TODAY! http://www.californiaselfstorage.org/store/view_product.asp?id=3383970