in partnership with
To all Self Storage Owners/Operators in California –
California is in the midst of an unprecedented economic crisis, and yet another threat is on the horizon for consumers. PROP 15 on the November ballot will be the largest property tax increase in state history at $11.5 billion per year.
Prop 15’s higher property taxes will cause the cost of living to increase for all Californians as businesses face higher operating costs. The result is consumers and businesses can expect to pay more for everything from their storage unit to their groceries.
That is why small businesses, farmers, social justice organizations, and taxpayer advocates across California oppose this massive tax increase.
Why should everyone be concerned about PROP 15?
- Threatens jobs – An estimated 120,000 private-sector jobs will be lost during a time of record unemployment.
- Raises prices for consumers – Higher taxes on businesses will ultimately get passed on to consumers in the form of increased costs on just about everything people buy and use, including storage units, groceries, fuel, utilities, day care and health care.
- Hurts small businesses – PROP 15 does nothing to prevent higher property taxes from being passed to small business tenants through higher rents.
What can you do to help defeat this this proposition?
1. Educate yourself on the proposition and the arguments why people should vote NO ON PROP 15
2. Spread the word to your tenants, employees, neighbors, and friends
o We will be supplying you with a letter written for self storage tenants
o Or you can modify and use this one: Self Storage Tenant letter
o Or modify and use this one: NO ON PROP 15 - tenant letter- Option 2
3. Donate to help NO ON PROP 15 coalition spread the word in the media
Watch the NO ON PROP 15 ads: "Barbershop Closed" and "Wrong Time"
NO ON PROP 15 coalition has been working hard to defeat this proposition. We need your help to provide the grass roots education campaign. Thank you for your participation.
Ross Hutchings, CAE Tim Dietz, CAE CSSA Executive Director SSA President & CEO