California’s Proposition 13 protects property owners from dramatic property tax assessments and rate increases. The National Self Storage Association and the California Self Storage Association need your participation and contributions in efforts to defeat a November ballot measure, known as Split Roll, which would repeal Proposition 13. (click here for full article)
• In November, for the first time in 4 decades, Prop. 13 as we know it may be repealed via statewide vote.
• Although the lengthiest-tenured properties will be affected most, even the most recently owned will see dramatic increases.
• If passed, your property tax treatment will increase immediately and be subject annually, with assessment adjustments to “market value” every three years.
• Sold to voters as tax reform to fund education, this massive tax increase is actually meant to fund unreasonable government and union pensions.
• SSA & CSSA encourage contributions to “Californians to Stop Higher Property Taxes” which will lead public advocacy, polling and other initiatives in support of our industry.
• Coalition includes: CA Chamber of Commerce, California Business Roundtable, California Business Properties Association, California Taxpayers Association and the Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association, among others.
Checks can be made out to:
Californians to Stop Higher Taxes
455 Capitol Mall, Suite 6
Sacramento, CA 95814
Or CLICK HERE for donation remittal form